RECREATIONAL MARINA LAUNCH CREW
The Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority is seeking team oriented seasonal employees to assist the Harbour West Marina with the recreational boat launch activities.
Reporting to the Marina Manager, the position will commence on April 6th, 2020 and run for approximately 6-8 weeks. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm with potential for overtime.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting with the launch of recreational boats
• Blocking boats requiring manual lifting of heavy blocks
• Maintain an organized, clean yard
• Pressure washing and general maintenance
• Operate machinery efficiently, effectively and safely
• Other duties as assigned
• Travel Lift (up to 80 tonnes) Operation Experience an asset
• Heavy Equipment Operation Experience an asset
Outdoors (working inclement weather); physically demanding, combination of standing, walking, bending, crouching & kneeling; working near/around water; must be able to lift weights up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs).
Candidates must possess good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have positive work attitude, be willing to participate in a wide variety of tasks throughout the marina and hold a valid driver’s license. Marina experience and a knowledge of recreational boats considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected]. Resumes should be forwarded on or before March 20th, 2020.
“We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”