Well February is finally behind us and we’re that much closer to boating season.
We are hard at work preparing to open the docks, and the City is hustling just as hard on constructing a new shoreline for Harbour West ahead of the 2021 season start. Our slips will be available for occupancy as of May 1 for our new and returning boaters.
Please remember to have your summer slip agreement signed and returned to the marina office, along with your $500 slip deposit, to reserve your slip for the season.
We wanted to share a quick update on some of the changes underway…
The City of Hamilton is completing their work on the new sheet piling on our fuel dock and marina entrance area (image above).
- As you can see, the old marina office at 1 Guise Street has been successfully removed
- The new vehicle entrance to the marina which is located off of Guise Street has been completed and will be open once the season begins
- The city will provide new marina offices for us to operate out of which will be located close to our James street marina entrance
- The City has informed us that our marina entrance to docks A – J will be available as of May 1st
- Our marina fuel dock will open shortly after May 1st and will include:
- Fuel pumps and fuel dock office moved towards the west end of the dock
- A floating dock tie-off for more convenient docking
- Pump-out services
Harbour West Marina
- We are installing a new waterline at our Iroquois docks (slips K-V) to replace the existing lines and prevent/reduce waterline issues for undisrupted water access this season
- Updates to our Iroquois washrooms including painting, repairs/replacements to fixtures
- Updates to our James street washrooms including air conditioning
- We have completed our launch list for customers that hauled out and stored with us this winter. Launch dates were sent out last week.
- We are installing signage on our wave break once the ice is clear
We will have another update for you in two weeks with more details (and a graphic) to illustrate the new infrastructure and parking details. If you have any questions about this season or your launch date, please call 905-525-3622 or reach out by email via email@example.com.
Can’t wait to see everyone back out on the water – launch will be here before we know it!
Harbour West Marina