Marina Gas Dock Attendant
The Hamilton Port Authority’s (HPA) Harbour West Marina is recruiting for seasonal Gas Dock Attendants
The Marina operates seven days per week, 7am – 8:30pm. Attendants will be expected to work on a rotation shift basis and must be available to all shifts (approximately 30 hours per week).
The Gas Dock Attendant’s primary focus is to provide superior customer service while maintaining marina grounds, facilities and gas dock.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional customer service assisting customers with mooring at slips; fueling and pumping out holding tanks; slip rentals
- Perform regular daily general cleaning and maintenance of Marina facilities including washrooms, BBQ area, etc
- Aid customers arriving at fuel dock with; processing customer payments; balance transactions at end of day producing daily remittance/activity reports.
- Perform regular daily general clean-up of fuel dock area
- Perform daily ‘dock walks’ ensuring docks are in good condition, and dock/water are free of debris
- Monitor VHF radio traffic/gas dock phone and respond to calls
- Enforce Hamilton Port Authority and Harbour West Marina policies in a courteous manner
- Assume responsibility for additional tasks which may occur
Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to lift up to 25 kgs
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid Pleasure Craft Operator’s card
- Standard First Aid and CPR training considered an asset
- VHF training considered an asset
- Marina background an asset
- Outdoors (inclement weather); physical in nature; combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling; working at water; ability to lift up to 25 kgs.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected].
“We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”