Well it’s been a dreary week but May is just around the corner, and we’re getting ever closer to the start of boating season and getting back out on the docks. We wanted to provide an update on the City’s construction and our dock upgrades, so you know what to expect over the next few weeks.
While the Stay-At-Home order is in effect (set to lift May 20), recreational boating is not permitted by the provincial government. However, we will be providing access to the docks by appointment so that you can check on your boat at the dock. Please contact us at email@example.com or 905-525-3622 to schedule a visit.
- Hydro, water and sanitation lines have been installed
- Temporary hydro hookup to the docks will be completed by May 10
- Curbs and paving of the marina office roundabout will happen from May 10 to 14
- The new marina office and gas shack will be delivered/installed mid-May
- Unfortunately construction has delayed ramp access to East docks, but it should be in for May long
- We have ordered and installed additional A/C units for the washrooms to keep everyone extra cool this summer
- The new wave break sign has just arrived and will also be installed for season start
Access to East dock (A – J)
As you can see from the list above, the east ramp access is a bit of a curveball. However, the City and Hamilton Waterfront Trust have agreed to operate the Hamiltonian tour boat to shuttle boaters to and from the docks by appointment.
Appointments can be made in advance of your visit through our marina office. Our team of attendants will be on the docks while the Hamiltonian shuttle is running as well so boaters have a staff point-of-contact on site.
Appointment times will be available during:
- Tuesdays – 10 am to 6 pm
- Thursdays – 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturdays – 10 am to 6 pm
- Sundays – 10 am to 6 pm
If you are launching your boat to dock on docks A – J, please do so between the times above and notify our marina office in advance of your estimated arrival date. Any boats launching from our storage facility can coordinate their movement of the boat working with our office staff.
Access to West dock (K – W)
Appointments for the West docks (K – W) are available during Monday to Sunday – 10 am to 6 pm
Once your boat is docked, you may check on the vessel to ensure it is secure. Boaters will need to contact the marina office in advance of their visit, and will have a maximum of one-hour duration of visit. Accessibility hours will be restricted to 10 am to 6 pm and subject to capacity.
We also continue to launch boats at Hillyard, and provide scheduled access for essential launch preparation purposes only. Please remember, boaters need to contact the marina office to schedule their visits in advance. Don’t forget to wear your mask either!
Again, we thank you very much for your continued cooperation. While the year has started with some dark days, we’ve got sunny days ahead and are excited to spend them out on the water with everyone!
As always, please check in with us at 905-525-3622 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.